Personnel management tasks include personnel planning, personnel development, as well as personnel administration and personnel management. In large companies, entire departments are responsible for this management, as the area of responsibility in personnel management is very extensive.
- The workforce planning is an important criterion in the selection of employees. This planning usually takes place in the form of a planning tool that specifies how the relationship between personnel deployment and productivity must be coordinated. Personnel planning also keeps track of how many personnel are required to cope with tasks in a company.
- Personnel development means offering coaching, training or further education offers for employees; These training courses significantly improve the skills of the employees. Personnel management in franchise companies is much easier when it comes to employee guidance. The franchise concepts usually have a manual for the various work processes so that all employees are trained uniformly. In addition, advanced training for employees is almost always included in the business plan of franchise concepts. The personnel management in franchising is easier to regulate thanks to the clear guidelines; this also applies to equipping employees with work clothing. Since the work clothes for employees are often already intended, the franchisee does not have to worry about the planning of the equipment. Corporate design and the desired recognition effect of the individual franchise brands are clearly defined by the franchisor on this point.
- Human resource management is another point that plays a major role in human resource management. When it comes to personnel management, there are different models for guiding employees.
In the authoritarian leadership style, the boss or leader gives clear instructions and determines and delegates the work. This style is most suitable for catering franchise companies because when things get hot because everything has to work in the shortest possible time, clear, concise instructions are an advantage.
The democratic or cooperative management style means that the employees are allowed to contribute a lot of personal responsibility and creativity. With this management style, the motivation of the employees is very high.
The casual leadership style is more likely to be used in human resource management for creative jobs. Here the employees can make free decisions, but the disadvantage of the casual management style is the formation of groups, which often endangers the working atmosphere. Because not all employees are really working on their own; Many also take advantage of the casual leadership style and prefer to let others work.
Different types of human resource management
There are different needs when staff is needed:
- There is a new need … that means that additional positions have to be filled. This could be the case due to a business expansion or reorganization within a franchise company.
- In human resource management, the need for replacement means filling vacant positions. Substitute staff can also cover pregnancy replacements or long-term sick people.
- An additional need is the term used in personnel management when there is a greater need for personnel during peak loads or seasonal weddings in order to optimally cover peak times.
Why is human resource management so important?
Human resource management has a crucial impact on the success and profits of a company. The company will only benefit if the right employees with the appropriate specialist knowledge are employed. The use of staff must be in relation to the tasks in the company so that high productivity results.
3 points play a central role that leads to success in personnel management. When employees are asked what is most important to them about their job, the following 3 main topics emerge:
Good personnel management is characterized by the fact that managers can motivate their team to achieve top performance.
This can be achieved with clear objectives; If, for example, a large house purchase contract has been concluded with the real estate franchise system at ERA and the specified sales target has been achieved, the employee can be rewarded with an extra bonus in the form of an incentive trip.
There are many such options and incentives in human resource management to effectively increase employee motivation.
Agreeing on employee wages is also part of personnel management.
Employee income can be based on a wide variety of factors. If the income is calculated on the basis of the service provided, employees can be very motivated to do more.
With overqualified pay, it is easier to recruit highly qualified employees. It is particularly difficult to find skilled workers in sectors such as the hotel industry or gastronomy; Above-average pay would be an option here in order to attract and retain qualified specialists.
Many companies like to pay vacation and Christmas bonuses as additional recognition of work. Company pension schemes and 30 days of vacation are further factors that offer an incentive for professionals.
Good personnel management is crucial; because the goal of personnel management is primarily employee satisfaction. Satisfied employees are more operationally oriented and feel connected to the company.
A high level of employee satisfaction is also reflected in high-performance productivity. Satisfied employees are sick less often and will stay with the company for the long term.
If all the decisive factors in human resource management are fulfilled, this is also noticeable in a successful result. Satisfied employees can have a very positive effect on a company because the bond with the company is stronger, and the motivation is higher.
The company stays longer out of business interests or employees voluntarily work overtime. The organization of working hours also plays a role in attracting good employees.
A higher level of employee satisfaction can be achieved in personnel management with health offers such as free fitness, fruit or coffee.
At a franchise company like Miss Sporty, for example, the free use of fitness equipment for employees is a way of doing something good for the employee.
Franchise company could also provide fuel vouchers or a company car, such as company cell phones and laptops. Good personnel management is immensely important because after all, the company lives from the performance of its employees.
An optimal work-life balance is more and more the desire of many people; this also includes the possibility of flexible working hours and working from home.
If work and family can be easily reconciled, long-term cooperation between employer and employee will develop.
Franchising, in particular, offers many home office jobs. Franchise concepts present many possibilities to carry out jobs in the home office as a sales representative, as a consultant or as a sales representative.
Many employers looking for skilled workers score with modern personnel management.
Franchising, in particular, has many great working time models, such as part-time, part-time entry or even complete self-employment to offer full-time. A look at the different franchise concepts is always interesting!